18 March 2012

My new family

Friends, meet (most of) the 2012-13 YAV class, and a few of our fantastic facilitators!


The placement event was really great. For the past 3 days, 24 potential Young Adult Volunteers spent time getting to know one another, learning more about International site options, and interviewing with site coordinators. The focus of the weekend was on discernment - PC(USA) staff and former YAVs shared their stories of going through the process, which I think really helped us realize we weren't alone in the confusion and difficulty we were experiencing. By the end of it all, we were able to place it all in the hands of God and trust that the placement we received would be the place we could be best utilized within this program. 
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:7-10
Overall, the group got along really well, and I am so glad to be a part of this funny little YAV family. We had a fantastic weekend getting to know each other, and I really look forward to seeing everyone again (and meeting those who weren't at this event) at the orientation in August!



No comments:

Post a Comment