05 October 2012

Homecoming

So, while I was preparing for my grand adventure, I had several people ask what I would do when I was finished. My answer was generally some version of, "this year is meant to change my life, so I'm going to wait for that before making any big plans". The problem with this, however, has become apparent:

It's already time to book my flight home. 



No, this hasn't changed from "A Year of Service for a Lifetime of Change" to "Six Weeks of Service...", but to ensure the church gets the best rates, they book our flights home almost a year in advance. Hence the whole "time to book your flight home" scenario in which I find myself.

This shouldn't really be a problem. I mean, it's not like I have to have a job waiting for me in order to book the tickets, but it does raise several questions I thought I'd have a little more time to answer: e.g., Do I want to travel after my placement is complete (stupid question)? Where and for how long? Do I want to pursue higher education? If so, when do classes start? All of a sudden, the questions I thought I had some time to put off have become immediately pressing.

Time to do some research... and praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment